Goods imported in Brazil must be classified in accordance with the Harmonized System of Mercosur Common Nomenclature (NCM/SH), classification based on the international system of nomenclatures. Classification determines the admissibility of goods, the rate at which duty is paid, the applicability of import restrictions and the availability of special tariff treatment.
Our company is specialized in obtaining the optimal classification for merchandise within these provisions. Our technicians routinely provide guidance in determining:
- The most favorable duty rate available;
- The availability of special tariff programs which eliminate, reduce or defer duties;
- The applicability of import restrictions, quotas or special licensing requirements;
- Whether the product is subject to antidumping or countervailing duties;
- The applicability of special labeling or marking rules;
- The possibility that product modifications will result in different classification with a lower rate of duty.